Friday, February 29, 2008

Flashback Friday...9

I recently watched Forrest Gump for like the 25th time (every time it comes on TV). While trying to come up with today's Flashback Friday topic I ran across some pictures of when I was in our nation's capitol, where Forrest visited on multiple occasions. (My mom loves how Forrest was always ending up in historical situations, but she doesn't really like the movie. Every time it comes on she says we're not going to watch it, but we always do. Then she says, "aww man..." if we missed parts of it :) Oh well...)

My family went to Virginia over Spring Break '04 to visit my dad's college roommate and his family. Since we were already in the area we went to D.C. We thought it would be great weather and everything, but no. It started out nice but the temperature began to drop and it started raining, sleeting, snowing, and hailing. So that was a bit of a bummer, but it was still a pretty cool trip.




















I knew he was tall, but that's just crazy :)














The back side of the white house














The security guard who was standing next to me when I took the picture of the white house














Jennnyyyy!!!! I was sad that there was no water in the pool for someone *couMEgh* to run out in...





And that's all I have to say about thaat.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I agree with Mom, except I just don't like to watch it. It was cool how he influenced history, but I hate the story. It's so sad I just can't watch it.

I've posted a couple of new blogs. Check 'em out.