Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sewing StoryTime

I have a fun sewing story for today!


On Friday my friend and I went shopping for some cheap shirts to do some practice sewing with. So Friday night I showed Bailey how to make a skirt from two shirts.




















While on the shopping trip I found a XL black t-shirt for $1! Last night I decided to use it to make a jumper from the pattern I've been eyeing for quite some time. I had a bit of a mishap when it said to cut a 18" by 21" rectangle and I ended up getting it turned sideways...but I managed to fix it with some added side panels. So after about 3 to 3.5 hours I ended up with this.





















Then today I got to the scene shop to work my usual 3 hours and I was telling Theo, the professor over the scene shop, that I made my jumper last night and that I'm a "wizard sewer." (I may have exaggerated a little with that statement...) Theo said, "That’s awesome, we're going to do some sewing today." I figured he was kidding because since when is there sewing when building sets?? But he was totally serious and I ended up sewing two forty foot sections of canvas together to make what is supposed to look like a circus tent. Then I sewed a so called pocket on it...a place where a rod can be inserted. So in the end I sewed nearly 80 feet of canvas...Woah!

Here are some pics I took as we were getting started. Cassie got us going then I took over right after the photo was taken.































1 comment:

Very Mary said...

That looks like the kind of canvas that only a wizard sewer can conquer - well done!