Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oklahomans and their horses

Contrary to popular belief, people in Oklahoma do not ride horses to school.

In fact I had never ridden a horse before...until 2 hours ago! I got to go with my friend Zac** and ride his horse Sassy. It was a lot of fun, even though we basically just walked in circles :) I was a little nervous at first, so I made Zac get on first and ride around for a bit. Then I got on...without falling or looking stupid. Sassy was being funny and kept getting as close to Zac as she could so that I was bumping him with my knee, I was laughing. Sorry, no pictures; I was so excited to be riding a horse that I totally forgot.


**Just to clarify: Zac is a full blown rodeo ridin', belt buckle wearin', country accent, truck drivin' cowboy where as I am a wanna-be, thrift store boot wearin', never ridden a horse, lives barely in the country kind of gal.

1 comment:

engelsigh said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. We had horses growing up (in Ohio) and I used to love cantering through the back fields. We were in 4H and everything. It's been about 10 years since I've been on one, and I think I would be very nervous now. But they are beautiful animals. I'm glad you had a good time and I hope you go riding again some time.