Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reading and Sewing

Since it's Spring Break I've been relaxing and doing some sewing, reading, and rewatching project runway on youTube. I had planned on spending all of Spring Break catching up on the Twilight hype...but forgot my book at school. Instead I read the third part book of the My Side of the Mountain trilogy, the first book the Shadow Children series, and I started reading Free Stallion, a book of poetry by Amber Tamblyn. I'm also working on the book Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

For school I have three more video projects, a resume'- both written and a resume' tape, and I have to read Hamlet and design costumes and make-up for at least three of the characters. Oh and I have to finish the dress I've been working on all week. I'm using a pattern from the 60s and the assignment is to make a garment that fits me, but I have to alter the pattern in some way...so I made the waist an inch larger to fit me and changed the positioning of the zipper. All I have left is to hem it, but I'm waiting to do that until I make a petticoat to go under it to hold the skirt out. I'm waiting to hem it because I don't want to have to re-hem it later if it looks the wrong length after the petticoat is done. People keep asking for a photo...but I really want to wait until it's down to take a photo of it.

No comments: