Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whitney Sews- Episode 4

Every time I write 'Episode *insert number here*' it makes me think of Star Wars :) Anyway, I had a couple of requests from viewers about how to maintain the clothes they already own. So in this week's video I show how to sew on two different types of buttons, sew a hem, and replace an elastic waistband. At the end of the video is an ad for mine and my mom's etsy store...the idea hit me yesterday when I was thinking about ways to promote generation gap. I made a little ad and tagged it on the end of this week's ep. Tell me what you think about it :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I really like the commercial. Very professionally done!
I have a sewing question for you: I'm short, so shirts usually fit me in the shoulders, etc., but they are too long. What's your trick for hemming double-knit shirts, particularly ones with stretch? I always end up with a wavy hem and have to give up on the shirt.