Thursday, January 14, 2010

Just Noticed This is My 400th Post!

Which has nothing to do with what I'm actually writing...

I had a goal last year to read 50 books...which I did, plus 2 extra. This year I plan on being busier, so I've set the goal at 35. So far I haven't finished a single book, but am currently reading 3. So anyway, since my goal is lower this year I put a few footnotes on it. Instead of just reading any 35 books I'm challenging myself to read more nonfiction and some larger books, because lets face it I still enjoy a good Hardy Boys book once in a while. So I'm working on a little list of books I'm going to try and read as a part of my 35.

-My Utmost for His Highest (a reread)
-Made in America -Sam Walton
-The Story of Silver Dollar City
-We Americans- National Geographic (it's a beautiful book of text and photographs outlining the history of our nation)
-The Lovely Bones (I've owned this for a few years and have only made it a few pages in)
-At least one Harry Potter Book
-Love and War in the Apennines (One of my favorite Hallmark movies is based on this memoir!)
-The Red Badge of Courage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book list! What a great idea.