Monday, March 21, 2011

Taking Care

Let me start by saying I have an addiction...and no this isn't an online AA meeting.

My addiction is to Wal-greens brand cherry Chap-Aid. Anyone who knows me in real life probably already knows this. So now that that is out of the way, on to the real point to this post.

I've been thinking a lot lately, reminiscing a little. (I blame being able to think straight for the first time in a year...but that's a different story.)

While cooking dinner just now I was thinking about preparing for our wedding. I was going through books and looking at the recommended To-Do lists. One list stated that 6-8 months before the wedding the bride and groom were to pick out there gifts to each other o.O I told this to Jeremiah and we agreed that getting married was gift enough for us. So when Jeremiah handed me a gift bag at the end of our wedding rehearsal I was a bit surprised. He told me that he know we agree to not do gifts for each other, but this was just something he really wanted to get me.

I opened the bag and inside was 25 chapsticks! Jeremiah said he wanted to give them to me to show that he would always be there and take care of everything I need. I thought that was really cute and sweet!

So here we are more then 10 months later and I am still using those 25 chapsticks and Jeremiah is taking wonderful care of me :)

2 comments:

Meg said...

it funny that you have this addiction..i had it to and i found somthing on the net about it a few years ago...apparently what you actually have is and addiction to soft lips! lol
have a lovely day, and its sweet that your man is takin care of you and lettin you know!

A Mom's Choice said...

Aww so cute what's special to one person may not be to that another. I'll have to check out walgreens as I usually get mine from CVS. Did you know their is a book called addicted to lipgloss or lipstick. Now I read Dr Oz says the ones with petroleum cause cancer. Cannot win. Damned if we do Damned if we don't.