Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Memories...

The traffic outside my office sounds a lot like rain. It got me busy thinking back to chilly rainy days when I was younger. I remember coming home from school on chilly, rainy days and finding my mom in the kitchen baking cookies. In my mind it happened almost every time it rained. *In actuality this probably only happened a few times but it's just something I remember. (BTW I don't even eat cookies that much). Even though I'm older, married, and have my own house when I think of comfort I think of mom in the kitchen baking cookies while I sit on a kitchen stool talking to her snuggled up in a sweatshirt. Good times :)
 
I hope when I have kids I can create similar comforting memories with them!

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

lovely thoughts :)

Noureena said...

I pray that u are able to provide ur kids with the same happiness, comfort and love that u felt as a child by sharing these adorable moments with ur mom:)