Monday, October 22, 2007

Crafting Weekend

I got crafting this last weekend. I was home for fall break and finally had some time to work on some projects that I've been wanting to do but just didn't have the time or supplies with me.


The first this I made was a sewing kit in a jar. It was actually easier then I thought it would be. I just got one of my mom's old canning jars and put in some of my sewing items. Then I got a scrap of fabric and a shoe box. I cut a circle out of the shoe box the same size as the lid and cut a circle out of the fabric that is about 1 inch larger all the way around (I used a coaster for a pattern.) I had fun and now I have something cute to put on my sewing table.


The second thing I worked on was some altered matchboxes. I discovered them on etsy.com and I think they're really neat. So...I decided to see if I could make my own. These are my efforts. (Sorry the pictures are blurry.) The first one I made is the musical note one and the second is made from a paper bag from Silver Dollar City and is filled with all sorts of goodies. Little bits of ribbon, beads, rinstones, a sticker, and other things as soon as I get some more stuff. I was originally making these for the "A Happy Miscellany Craft Swap". But I dont think I'll be able to do it now :( Hopfully there will be another like it soon.














I also did a little bit of garage selling while I was at home. I got an old reader book that was published in 1932, an old school desk, and a lucky you perfume tin. I forgot to take a picture of the things I bought, maybe I'll remember next time I'm at home.

No comments: