So I found this website about how to make a pincushion and I've been wanting to try it. So tonight I finally got around to it. I'm not to proud of the results, but here they are. Sorry my pictures always turn out a little blurry. I didn't put enough stuffing into it so you have to put the pins in at an angle so they don't poke out the other side. I also pulled the thread a little too tight. For this one I used a CD for a pattern but next time I may use some thing a little smaller like the rim of a cup or something like that. The fabric I used for this was some red felty (I'm not sure that that is even a real word) like fabric and the red and blue bear fabric was in the $1 a yard section at Wal-Mart so I figured it would be good to practice with, and the button was just one I found in my button collection. Anyway, i'm just rambling a little. So here are the pictures of my first try at a pincushion.
Anyway, I'm going to make another pincushion soon to see if my second one will turn out better. I'm really wanting my next project to be a t-shirt tote. I'm going to use a pattern from Generation-T that uses two t-shirts. However, I don't have two shirts at school with me that I want to cut up so I'm going to have to hit the thrift store soon. Another project I really want to do is to make a terrarium. I had one when I was little that I made out of a 2-litter pop bottle and I'm not really sure what happened to it, the a couple of weekends ago I ran across some pictures of terrariums on the internet and they inspired me to make one.