Sunday, November 25, 2007

Pies and Knitting

When I asked Kevin if he wanted cake for his birthday he said "no, I want lemon meringue pie." I've never made pie before, let alone pie with meringue. And I told him that, with all intentions of make a pie anyway. So I made my first attempt at pie yesterday. The crust is a little slumpy and the meringue isn't as fluffy as hoped, but he loved it anyway! We just ate almost half of it.


















Besides making pie I spent most of Friday and Saturday decorating the Christmas tree and knitting. So after learning to knit of Thursday and starting a scarf on Friday, I finished it on Saturday. I'm very proud of myself.




















I made my scarf using size 15 needles and charcoal colored recycled yarn. The scarf is about 6 1/2 feet long.













The view on the way back to school...

No comments: