Monday, February 18, 2008

Update on What's Happening...

It feels like forever since I've put anything of essence on here and I thought I would put a little update on what's happening with me.

My lappy (lap top) has just about bit the dust. Both hinges are broken and I'm having to prop it up against the wall to keep the screen from flopping backwards. Also, I was down to 1% memory left so I've spent all evening burning photo cds to free up space...so now I'm out of cds...it's a good thing they're on sale at Staples- 100 cds for $15!

This week and next I'll be producing a 3o min NPR radio program about Unknown/Forgotten Oklahoma. I'm really nervous about getting it down, but at the same time I'm really excited about it because it's something that I'm really interested in...which is the reason why I chose it for my show topic.

I want so bad to have an etsy shop! I went so far as to sign up for a PayPal account today in anticipation. Once I have a shop I won't feel like I'm sewing and making things for nothing.

My mom did my taxes the other day and I get a refund this year!! I didn't last year because I didn't work enough, so I'm totally jazzed about getting some money back. When it comes in I'm going to buy myself something just for fun. You see I am a ReaLLY frugal person and tend not to buy myself things just because I want to, so I'm going to splurge and buy something like cute fabric off the internet *gasp* or a jar of buttons *woah*. I know those don't sound like much but it's like heaven in a box for me :)




I love buttons!








Lets see, what else is happening...I have a band concert next Tuesday, the same night the Benjamin Franklin impersonator is coming to campus. I really want to see him but I can't :(

I think I'm basically addicted to everything involving crafts! Whenever I "discover" some new crafty thing all I can think about is trying to make one too. I even did some book binding last weekend. The latest thing I want to try is beading, like this...



I can't find a very good picture of a beading pattern.







So anyway, I've been doing some sewing and stuff lately, so I'll try to post some pics soon.

And yes mom, I know I should be working on my resume'...at least I thought about doing it today :)


Current read: Walt Disney- the Triumph of the American Imagination

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Your computer lasted only 2 1/2 years?? Man, you must really be using it.

Why do you need to update your resume? Are you looking for a job? Or is it for your internship?

Glad things are going well.