Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crafting Extravaganza

Yeah...I totally spelled that right without spell check :)

So as I mentioned in my last post I've been doing a lot of crafting and sewing lately. So I figured I would show off a little of what I've done.

First off is book binding. I found some sites awhile back about how to do your own book binding and I thought I sounded pretty cool. I have a kids book that I bought last semester to use the pages for scrap booking, and that left me with the book cover. I went to work with it and cut out pages from an old atlas, Branson brochures, and some of the actual pages out of the book along with plain paper. I sewed them together with dental floss (which is actually recommended for at home book binding) and glued them and put it all together into the book. It was fun and now I have a really neat notebook.

















My other projects have been sewing. I finally made this bag that I've been planning on making for a long time. I made it much larger then the pouches I usually make and plan on using it to store all my thread in. Since it is larger then the usual bags I make, and longer then my 7 inch zippers, I had to use a technique I saw for lengthening a zipper. I'm pretty proud at the results since it was my first try.











Then I made this bag with two different fabrics on the front. I have seen a lot of bags lately that use multiple fabrics for the outside and wanted to give it a try and I love the results :)















There's an ongoing project that I'm working on...I think I've mentioned it before. It's a quilt using 4" X 4" squares from the fabric that I make bags out of. So if I've made a bag from it then it can be seen in the quilt. It's fun to look at and see all the fabrics right there in one spot. I'm not sure how long I'll work on it because I want to continue to make bags, so where do I draw the line and start quilting that one and start making a new one?? Here's what I've got so far...
















Well, I guess that's it for now. I'm off to do more sewing :)

3 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Love your fabric bag!
Sandra Evertson

Courtney said...

And yet you can't spell "sites" correctly. :)

Flair said...

Oh what fun projects! I've always wanted to try to do my own bookbinding - is it easy? Thanks for visiting my blog!