Saturday, March 1, 2008

Lawrence Welk and Quilts

So what kind of time was it when the young ladies would stay in on Saturday night watching the Lawrence Welk show and sewing on a quilt??
















Could it be the "good ol' days" of times gone by?? The time when the mom would set the little girls' hair in rag curls for Sunday morning?? When mom made the cakes from scratch?? The whole family sat down for a friendly game of monopoly??


















Well...I'm talking about myself. I'm the young lady staying in on Saturday night watching The Lawrence Welk Show and quilting. Yeah I know...I'm kinda lame and in the wrong era. But that's okay, I like it :)

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Thanks for popping by and commenting on my blog....
I'm with you on this post. I'm the young mum who stays at home most, who am I kidding, every Saturday night stitching or sewing away while eating a piece of cake that I've made from scratch.
I love all of the fabrics you used on the little zipper bags in your last post.

Jodie