Sunday, March 30, 2008

Update

Ok, a really quick update...

On Friday we left at 6 am. I had only two hours of sleep, yeah for being sick :/ We got to the city, went through registration, and ate breakfast at the convention center (hotel). We felt really ritzy because we were drinking orange juice from wine glasses. Then we went to the morning sessions. We sat in the front row and scored bonus points with the speaker. He came over and spoke to us before the session then mentioned us as "his new friends" while he was speaking. We learned about stronger story telling in the news and ethics in news editing. The speaker, Al Tompkin's was great.

Then we had lunch. It was fancy smancy. There were servers and 3 forks and all that stuff :) Then after lunch was the awards ceremony and my university won 2nd and 3rd in scriptwriting! I'm going to try to enter something next year. Afterward I spoke with an important lady from the news station that I ReaLLY want to intern at and she said I should just email my resume straight to her!

On the way back we stopped at the OKC bombing memorial because one of the girls with us and never been there before and she really wanted to go. We got back at about 5:30. I ate dinner and was asleep by 8 and slept until noon the next day :) Woot woot! And I guess that's about it for now...except for the pictures...

































<--Survivor tree













2 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

thanks for sharing!

Very Mary said...

And then you won the Indie-Pendence giveaway! Woot woot! Will you please email your snail mail addy again, just to make sure I have the right one? Thanks!