Friday, May 9, 2008

Flashback Friday...19

This week was finals week. I only had two finals and they were yesterday and today. I knew there was no way I could get all my stuff back into my CR-V to get home, so my mom was nice enough to come last night and spend the night, help me pack my stuff, and haul a load home! Thanks mom! So I finally made it home and I am officially a senior now. WooHoo!

This weeks Flashback Friday starts out in my junior year of high school and next week (yep it's a two-parter) will go into my senior year of high school.

In high school I was in the marching band, and every two or three years we would go on a band trip. My senior year we went to San Antonio, TX. We played in a contest and won first in our class. Then we got to hang out at Sea World the next day! My parents were on the trip as sponsors and they saw some of the animal shows while I was riding some rides and they said the shows were really good. They told me that I should watch some of them, but the bus was about to leave...luckily my parents had driven to Texas even though I rode the bus. We worked it out with the band directors and I got to stay and see the animals! I got to see the dolphins, sea otters, and...orcas! They were so beautiful and I got that crazy urge to be an orca trainer again. (And in fact spent the entire following summer reading all the books about orcas that I could find at the library.) My favorite part was when the orcas did a "routine" to the song You Raised Me Up by Josh Groban. In my opinion you can't beat Josh Groban and orcas at the same time. The other day I was on youtube...listening to Hanson messin' around and found a video of the orcas. However the orcas weren't playing right that day and in the video the tricks are at the wrong times :) The lift at 2:50 was supposed to happen at 1:56, but it is still a neat show! Hope you enjoy the video and check back in next Friday for another part of the Sea World flashbacks...

No comments: