Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Refreshing Tea

A few years ago my mom planted some lemon balm plants...and now they are all over the yard. My dad actually had to mow a path through the lemon balm to get to the storage building. I really like the plants because they do in fact smell like lemons. The other day I had the idea of making lemon balm tea, so mom and I tried it. We boiled 4 cups of water and added about 2/3 of a cup of lemon balm leaves to steep, then put it in the fridge to chill. I made some little ice cubes with a lemon balm leaf in each one (they were super cute). The next day we strained it and added a little sugar and tried the tea...it was ok. Not really that great, but it looked cute with the ice cubes :)















So I guess the moral is that tea can be cute and is not always that great, but we had fun making it. We felt like we were drinking something healthy...it actually tasted green :)

2 comments:

engelsigh said...

I'm glad you had fun making it. The leaves in the ice cubes was a clever idea. We used to have those in our yard growing up. My brothers and I used to eat them. I don't think my mom knew that though. We would probably have been in trouble.

Nat said...

It does look cute and I assure it probably tasted amazing compared to the tea a chinese medicine man once gave me to drink. Trust me when I say tan bark boiled up in a tea is crap!!!