Monday, June 2, 2008

My First Day

Today was the first day of my internship at KOTV. I started off by attending the morning assignment meeting. Then I spent some time getting familiar with the computer program used for the show layout and doing a little writing. I ended up writing three VO's (voice overs) that were actually used during the noon show. So on my first day there I had 1:26 (1 minute and 26 seconds) of my writing aired! However I didn't get to actually hear it because I was on location during the newscast! I was sent out with one of the photojournalists named Kyle to shoot a segment. I was behind Kyle during the shoot and I really wanted to take a picture to share on here because he looked so cool. He had the massive camera on his shoulder, a set of headphones, a cord tucked in his belt and he just looked so stinkin' cool. It would have made the perfect photo, but I was afraid that even without the flash my camera would interfere with the signal. Oh well, I'll try to get some pics...with permission :)

No comments: