Friday, April 10, 2009

A little bit of photo editing...

...and some cuteness thrown in :)

There have been some days with really nice weather lately, so Jordan and I have hit the park a few times. I always bring along the camera and sometimes the sidewalk chalk. I then spend the next couple of hours editing photos to put up on facebook. So here are some of the latest...as always you can click the photos to enlarge them.

Lately I've been playing a lot with layers. This first one is just a heart I drew on the sidewalk then I took this photo by holding the camera over my head to shoot down at my feet. I ended up creating two layers, turning the top one B&W, then erasing the heart so the second, colored layer shows through.














These photos were backlite taken at sunset. When taking the pictures they looked like really great silhouettes, but when I uploaded them they weren't as dark as they first appeared. I used the magic wand edge finder to cut out Jordan then copy and pasted it on top. I darkened the top layers to create a better silhouette.




















This set was also taken at sunset, but I wasn't wanting the darker, silhouette look. I wanted to be able to see our faces. The first pic is the original, next is my first editing attempt where I just brightened it all without making layers but our faces ended up with lots of shadows, the last photo was edited slightly lightening the photo then cutting the two of us out and lightening us even more.




























Cute aren't we?? ;)

No comments: