Monday, October 12, 2009

Another Challenge...

Awhile back I challenged myself to read 50 books during 2009. I have read 38 thus far and am currently reading Swiss Family Robinson and Close Harmony- A History of Southern Gospel. I took on another challenge today...it's called NaNoWriMo. It's a challenge to write 50,000 words of a fictional novel during the month of November. I have never written a novel...or even come close to writing one, but I'm going to try. My friend Sarah and I came up with a great story premise this past summer and I think now (well November) is as good a time as ever to try and write it!

I'm not really writing this on here because I care for anyone to know that I'll be writing...but I'm turning this blog into my accountability partner. If I write it on here and know that people read it then I'll be less likely to give up during the second week of November and the writing gets tough. It's actually suggested to tell a lot of people about participating in NaNoWriMo for that very reason.

So now I've told about it and will be working on some outlines and things and the actual writing will commence on Nov. 1, 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read what you come up with =) Good Luck =)