Sunday, March 23, 2008

Time to DYE!

Yesterday my mom and I did some dying. I got the inspiration from the Treadbanger video about Sweeney Todd. I dyed a white skirt that I got at a garage sale last fall. I used wine color rit dye and it came out beautifully! I liked it so much that I tie dyed a grey shirt in it and dyed a pair of my white gloves from marching band and a scrap of flowered fabric my mom let me have. I absolutely LoVe the color everything turned out! We were very impressed with the fact that the skirt's zipper even got dyed, so now it's a really pretty magenta as well.


The clothes were all wet in my pictures and there's not one of the gloves, but you can get the general idea of what it looks like. I plan on wearing the skirt to the Medieval Faire with a corset I made. I'm also hoping to re-con a shirt to go with it with this tutorial. The gloves would look really cute if I ever had a need to dress up Victorian for any occasion...but then I would probably have to make an entire dress, so that can wait a looong time.


Without further ado, here are the pictures





<-That's my mom doing the hand modeling :)

3 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Very nice! Or, as might expected from a fellow threadbanger: You Rock!

Jodie said...

Wow... I've never really gone much on tie dying but that skirt looks great... I think you may have converted me... LOl :)

Jodie

Addie Marie said...

Hi there, came to your blog through threadbanger!
The skirt turned out beautifully!! That episode was fantastic, one of their best. :) What dye did you use?