Friday, April 18, 2008

Flashback Friday...16

The Box Part 2...

So after I had turned my lovely box into an even lovelier box of nerds (refer to last Fridays post if you missed it) the box remained in my closet for a few months. Then I was asked to participate in the children's Christmas play at my church because they needed some teenagers in it to keep the kiddos under control. I said "sure" and they said I was supposed to dress up like a toy to be in the toy shop. I went through the usual costume ideas such as a baby doll, cowgirl doll, and a few others then the light bulb came on! The day before the dress rehearsal I pulled out "the box" carefully took the paper off (and saved it for a while longer), enlarged the hole, rewrapped the box, added a crank and TaDa! I was a jack-in-the box! I know, I know it's not as cool as the box of nerds, but it's still pretty darn inventive to use the same box for two dress-up events in a row.







Note: The photo is only to show the box. These were not the actual clothes worn during the play.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm sorry you are sick. Where you able to go home this weekend?