Monday, August 25, 2008

A Glance Outside My Window

Yesterday morning my daily devotional email said this:
The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1
God gives us a glimpse of his glory not only through his Son but also through our beautiful natural surroundings. Look around and praise his glory!

That is something I've been a firm believer of for a long time. I have a deep appreciation for the beautiful things that surround me everyday. So when I read this all I could do was think "amen" then I stood on my desk *shh, don't tell* and took some pictures of the beautiful view out my window. Then hours later I looked up and saw an amazing Oklahoma sunset and just had to take some more pictures.








































I don't understand how anyone can look at a storm rolling in or a perfect sunrise and not believe that there is a God out there. Even though I love the big, beautiful statements of God's love I can't help but admire the little things as well. There are some days where something as simple as seeing a child learning to read or a squirrel chattering from the treetops is all it takes to make me smile and whisper a "thank you" to God.

No comments: